Admission of foreign citizens to higher education institutions is carried out on the basis of Decree No. 169 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated August 4, 2008 “On improving the procedure for admission and training of foreign citizens in educational institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan”, as well as international treaties of the Republic of Uzbekistan, and the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. PP-3775 dated June 5, 2018 “On additional measures to improve the quality of education in higher educational institutions and ensure their active participation in large-scale reforms being carried out in the country”, as well as international treaties of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Admission from the academic year 2020/2021 to the undergraduate degree of higher educational institutions of foreign citizens is carried out by interview, without passing test tests. The deadline for receiving documents is July 20, 2020.
Documents of foreign citizens will be accepted by the admission committee of the University according to the following list:
- Full name, application addressed to the rector indicating citizenship and direction of education;
- Copy of national passport;
- Copy of residence (if any);
- A copy of the diploma (certificate) of secondary, specialized secondary, vocational education, translated into Uzbek or Russian and certified by a notary;
- Medical certificate (form 086) as well as certificates (OITS, RW, Hbs antigen);
- Photography (3.5 x 4.5) – 6 pieces.
Documents of foreign citizens are accepted on the national civil passport of the state, and they pass a copy of the national civil passport. In addition, if a foreign citizen has a residence permit in the Republic of Uzbekistan, then, together with a copy of the national passport, the foreign citizen shall hand in a copy of the residence permit in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Registered citizens are also considered foreign citizens permanently residing in the Republic of Uzbekistan, and submit documents in accordance with the established procedure for the above-mentioned foreign citizens.
Foreign citizens are accepted to study only on a contractual basis and pay in the amount established for foreign citizens.
Persons holding a residence permit in the Republic submit documents and are accepted for study on the basis of general provisions for all citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
On the admission of foreign citizens to the master degree
The admission of foreign citizens to the specialties of the master degree of higher educational institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan is carried out on the basis of the established procedure for citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan by Decree No. 169 of the Cabinet of Ministers “On improving the procedure for admission and training of foreign citizens in educational institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan” dated August 4, 2008.
Foreign citizens are accepted for study on a payment – contract basis and pay in the prescribed manner for foreign citizens. Foreign citizens pay in the equivalent of foreign currency at the rate established by the Central Bank on the day of payment, the exchange of foreign currency in national currency.
At the same time, foreign citizens, together with a payment receipt, issue a certificate on the exchange of foreign currency into national one at the banks of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Foreign citizens holding a residence permit in the Republic of Uzbekistan are an exception. They pay in national currency, the equivalent in foreign currency, at the rate established on the day of payment by the Central Bank. A nickname does not require a certificate on the exchange of foreign currency into national currency.
The university admissions committee accepts the following documents from foreign citizens from July 1 to July 25:
- Surname, name, patronymic, citizenship and a statement addressed to the rector indicating the specialty of the magistracy;
- Copy of national passport;
- For foreign citizens, a copy of the certificate of the right to reside in the Republic of Uzbekistan (Vid on jitelistvo) – if any;
- A document on higher education (with an appendix) translated into Uzbek or Russian and a copy of this document certified by a notary.
- Medical certificate form (086);
- Photography (3.4 x 4.5) – 6 pieces.
Foreign citizens who are not included in the list and have not passed the examination are not allowed to take exams at the magistracy.
Admission of foreign citizens to the magistracy is based on the results of entrance exams and the corresponding decision of the State Commission.
In transport and public places
- Be on the lookout; do not switch all your attention to gadgets when you are on the go or in public places.
- Do not leave things unattended.
- Do not walk around the city with bags and backpacks open. In public places, keep the bag in front of you.
- Do not carry large amounts of money with you.
- Do not store bank card code in one place.
When shopping online, keep in touch with the same security measures as at home. Do not share your card code, passwords, or other sensitive information with anyone.
- All operations with credit, telephone cards, money transfers, currency exchanges, and purchases should be done only through official banks and companies.
- Money, especially large amounts, must be withdrawn at bank branches or at ATMs located in specially designed premises. Do not buy or exchange currency from individuals.
On the roads
You need to cross the road at traffic lights, pedestrian crossings and use underground passages.
Outside a university or campus, it is best to have your passport and student ID with you.
On a rest
It is better to go to concerts with friends.
In entertainment venues, try to stick together, keep an eye on each other and on things. It is safer to return home by taxi or public transport. If you walk, choose the illuminated streets.
Do not catch a taxi on the street. Order a car from an officially operating company – this will ensure your safety and a fixed fee. In large cities, you can quickly find a taxi using mobile applications (for example, MyTaxi, Site Taxi, etc., https://www.yellowpages.uz).
First Aid Services in Uzbekistan
Fire Service – 101
Police – 102
Ambulance – 103
Tel: 74 237-11-41
More details: https://www.goldenpages.uz/aid.
Health care help.
The provision of medical care in a healthcare institution is ensured in the manner established for all students in the «Educational Institution». All international students are under the control of the International Department, as well as the student dean’s office.
The Andijan State Medical Institute has three dormitories designed for students living in the Republic of Uzbekistan, as well as a hostel for foreign students, in which all the conditions for their living and independent study are created. Most part of the foreign students lives in a hostel.
The Institute assists in obtaining, in the manner established by the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan, entry-exit visas for studying in Uzbekistan, leaving the republic and moving around the territory of Uzbekistan, as well as in registering at the place of temporary residence with timely contact to the “Educational Institution” for extension validity of the visa and registration at the place of temporary residence., i.e. at least two weeks before the expiration of the visa and registration at the place of temporary residence.